Monday 10 May 2010

Congratulations Squidoo - you listened

After all my moaning about it here and on Squidu, the Squid Forum, the home page has finally been fixed. There are still some anomalies, but I think it may be a timing issue - at some times of day, you can look at the Top 100 lens list, then when you look at one of the lenses, it may have a ranking above 100.

Along with some other angry Squids, I have been making war on 'live streaming' sports lenses that link to spammy blogs, and sometimes worse - to a page that tries to sweet talk you into giving them your email address for 'offers' then you find you are expected to PAY for an offer before you get access to the live video.

It's been a kind of busy week elsewhere, what with the UK election  and doing a lot of mystery shopping or accompanying a friend on his mystery 'shop' excursions, two free meals thanks to our market research company Retaileyes, a good curry and a trad. Sunday roast lunch. More about mystery shopping here.

I have a blog post to create over on 'Angry Button' before I release this one, so do please hop across and read that one too. Right now I need a cup of tea and a think about which of several subjects on the drawing board will emerge as the next lens. I note that I didn't publish a link to the last one about Noah's Ark being found in Turkey - an experiment which proved that my theory about watching Google trends and Twitter trending topics actually works.

No comments: