Tuesday 10 February 2009

Twittering away ... and Foodbuzzing

Can't understand why I have never Twittered till this week.

It's proving to be a great source of traffic, particularly for my Love of British Food blog which pays me per unique view.

Better still is TwitterHawk. Now let's suppose someone I have never met, has never read an of my blogs or come across any of my websites, tweets the words 'healthy' and 'chocolate' in the same message to their Twitter followers. TwitterHawk will recognise that I could usefully send a message to them about my Xocai business and sends it for me. Not only that, it makes them one of my followers. They can choose to ignore or block me if they wish, but my message, with my Xocai marketing site URL is on their tweets page. That's pretty good.

To avoid being accused of spam, TwitterHawk only lets me send one message per 24 hours, but if only a tiny fraction of those 365 tweets results in some interest in my message, I'm happy. I can set up a number of messages with the same, or varying trigger words, and automatically rotate to test which message works the best.

Foodbuzz is another food related community which is now feeding traffic to Love of British Food blog and I have picked up a whole load of new followers for the blog in just 24 hours.

It's going to be a profitable week I think!

No comments: